- n disparaging terms for the common people
- Therefore strong hands were laid upon the young woman, who remained passive, and upon the gentleman, who roared: "Hands off! I'm not the usual riffraff!.
- Having failed to build a communist utopia, North Korea plans to create a capitalist one with its own elected officials and a wall to keep out the riffraff (October 7, 2002).
- France's tough-talking Interior Minister, Nicolas Sarkozy, blamed the trouble on "riffraff" and years of neglect of the problem by Socialist governments.
News & Articles
- Burning question
Is the smoking ban at the Downtown Transit Center a public health measure or an effort to get the riffraff out?
June 30, 2013 - Albany Democrat-Herald
- Erin Crocker in Forbes
As for falling a lap down, Crocker said, "It was my fault. We got a little free, I lost my momentum and we never should have been in the restart back in the riffraff. But I take away a pole from Daytona, which is an accomplishment. I knew I had a...
- Randy Jackson in Centre Daily Times
We spend two days in each audition city and see about 200 people a day,Jackson says. "However, I can say (the producers) are trying to rid the show of some of the riffraff. I mean, we had a gondolier audition in Vegas. My question is, 'Do...
- Maureen Dowd in Las Vegas Mercury
As New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd noted: "The president got re-elected by dividing the country along fault lines of fear, intolerance, ignorance and religious rule. He doesn't want to heal rifts; he wants to bring any riffraff who disagree to...