- n soft Italian cheese like cottage cheese
- They make a stock with pea pods (which pureed and served with ricotta makes an instant summer soup).
- Chef Massimo Spigaroli's ricotta-and-bitter-greens tortelli are a must.
- Desserts include a chocolate and amaretti pie from Parma and one lavish sweet, Sicilian cassata: lemon cake lopped with a heady mixture of rum, chocolate and ricotta.
News & Articles
- Lemon, ricotta, poppy seed pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup
For this edition of Cooking at Home, Dan Eaton makes a light and refreshing breakfast: lemon, ricotta, poppy seed pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup.
June 17, 2013 - YNN Rochester
- Eggplant roll-ups
Serves 4 A bit like cannelloni but without the pasta, these roll-ups are a stylish vegetarian meal. Cut the eggplant into brick shapes, then make rectangular slices. While they bake, make a quick tomato sauce and a fresh ricotta filling. You can bring it all together in about 10 minutes (and you can also refrigerate the rolled eggplant topped with ...
June 17, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Amelia Lester: Lafayette in NoHo review.
paragraph class="noindent"Andrew Carmellini, the chef at Lafayette, is famous for creating restaurants that are scene-y, but which also serve food you will find yourself telling your friends about. First there was A Voce, near Madison Square Park, at which New Yorkers seemed to discover ricotta for the . . .
June 17, 2013 - The New Yorker
- Sam Worthington in National Post
Yeah, a lot of skin,says Worthington, smiling. "I kept hoisting mine up. I told you. Got to get those ricotta thighs out."
- Russo in Patch
It's crumbled sausage, mushrooms and broccoli rabe with a sun-dried tomato cream sauce over Gemelli pasta, with ricotta cheese on top; it's definitely the most popular dish,Russo said.
- David Wenham in Sydney Morning Herald
We ate very little, in fact,Wenham said. "Our breakfast would be a bowl of ricotta cheese. We'd have snacks of five almonds. Grapes sometimes."