- n childhood disease caused by deficiency of vitamin D and sunlight associated with impaired metabolism of calcium and phosphorus
- Every child can be given all the vitamin D it needs in one big dose at the beginning of each winter, and rickets can be conquered once for all.
- But Zipitis says children who had rickets, a bone disorder caused by extreme vitamin D deficiency, "were at a much higher risk of developing type 1 diabetes I think about three .
- Their occupational diseases are rickets, pellagra, dysentery, typhoid, pneumonia, starvation, sullen hatred exploding periodically in bloody strikes.
- Jay Nixon in Bizjournals.com
These companies are able to employ inappropriate means, using sophisticated software, to hoard all the rickets to high-demand events and turn around and sell them at grossly inflated prices,Nixon said in a statement. "It's a blatant...
- Sylvester Stallone in Scotsman
My childhood was terrible. I was not an attractive child,says Stallone. "I was sickly and had rickets and my personality was abhorrent to other children, so when growing up I enjoyed my own company and did a lot of fantasising."