- v spread negative information about
- Spaniards may, on the whole, revile American politics and American comida de basura (junk food), but they still tend to measure their Prime Minister's international worth by the .
- Even people who revile his reflexes acknowledge his charm.
- Itay Zar and Sharon Katz are profoundly unlike each other, but Palestinians revile them equally.
News & Articles
- ‘Thank God for Shelly Silver’: Speaker Receives a Little Love in Queens
At a Democratic club meeting in Queens last night, Councilman Danny Dromm said progressives should “thank God” for embattled Assembly Speaker Sheldon Speaker, not revile him. “Thank God for Shelly Silver,” Mr. Dromm said to his group, the News Visions Democratic Club in Jackson Heights, when the discussion shifted to Albany politics. “A lot of conservative stuff that might have happened didn’t ...
June 14, 2013 - The New York Observer
- John Kenneth Galbraith in Washington Post
As the economist John Kenneth Galbraith noted of the era leading up to the Depression, "The threat to men of great dignity, privilege and pretense is not from the radicals they revile; it is from accepting their own myth. Exposure to reality remains...
- Michael Chabon in Globe and Mail
Entertainment has a bad name,Chabon writes at the start of Maps and Legends: Reading and Writing Along the Borderlands, his exhilarating first book of non-fiction. "Serious people learn to mistrust and even to revile it. The word wears...
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf in CBS News
President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, who took over last month from a postwar transitional government, said Liberians must be courageous enough "to face up to the past and revile as an affront to all civilized people the despicable acts our people...