- n training for a new occupation
- v teach new skills
- v train again
He is retraining to become an IT worker
- Which is why retraining is so important.
- That figure includes $500 million in federal stimulus funding for workforce retraining and a $134 million state-funded increase in financial aid for students.
- So in addition to a retraining push, a sensible set of policies would shift the landscape of job creation.
News & Articles
- Walking With The Wounded Announces Amazon.com Sponsorship of Team USA’s Therese Frentz for 2013 South Pole Allied ...
Walking With The Wounded, a U.K.-based charity which funds the retraining of wounded service personnel so that they can find long-term civilian employment, is delighted to announce that Amazon.com will be sponsoring a member in the U.S.
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Riot, you’ll like it: Embracing “The Purge”
Like all Americans, I had a choice this weekend as to how I was going to exorcise my lingering socioeconomic malaise. And like most Americans, I opted for “slaughter of the innocent” over “creative retraining.” At this point, it looks as if the weekend box office will be won by The Purge, the “speculative thriller” in which a near-future America ensures peace and prosperity by allowing its ...
June 8, 2013 - Orlando Weekly
- Merrimack Valley Police Log
The following items were taken from area police logs: HAVERHILL Wednesday :Loud music: 33 Oak Terrace, 12:47 a.m. Arrest: Michael Burns, 21, 57 Franklin St., violating a retraining order, 57 Franklin St., 1:30 a.m. Motor vehicle vandalized: 40 Lock
June 8, 2013 - The Eagle-Tribune
- Barack Obama in USA Today
He said the results are showing up "in auto towns across America -- from the factories being put back to use years ahead of schedule to the workers retraining for jobs in emerging industries."
- John McCain in USA Today
Acknowledging that some Americans do lose jobs "to foreign competition," McCain said he has proposed "a comprehensive reform of our unemployment insurance and worker retraining programs."
- Gary Schaer in NJ.com (blog)
It enhances our classrooms and provides retraining for people who have lost their jobs,said Assemblyman Gary Schaer (D-Passaic), one of the sponsors. "It also costs the New Jersey taxpayer zero dollars. If it's possible to have a...