- v go into retirement; stop performing one's work or withdraw from one's position
He retired at age 68
- v withdraw from active participation
He retired from chess
- v pull back or move away or backward
- v withdraw from circulation or from the market, as of bills, shares, and bonds
- v break from a meeting or gathering
The men retired to the library
- v make (someone) retire
The director was retired after the scandal
- v dispose of (something no longer useful or needed)
She finally retired that old coat
- v lose interest
he retired from life when his wife died
- v cause to be out on a fielding play
- v cause to get out
The pitcher retired three batters
- v prepare for sleep
- Senior Living - PTI's Generations section features news and articles on the baby boomer generation as well as senior and retirement living.
- Today, if you have a retirement account, you can have your refund deposited directly into your account.
- With kayaking, skydiving and easy commutes to town, retirement communities are changing.
News & Articles
- Old American flags retire in flames
American Legion Post One held a special ceremony Friday to retire tattered flags.
June 15, 2013 - KJRH-TV Tulsa
- Palm Mortuary to retire worn U.S. flags Friday
A ceremony slated for Friday will properly retire American flags that are worn, torn, faded and soiled.
June 14, 2013 - FOX 5 Las Vegas
- Marathon Oil CEO to retire December 31, be replaced by Exxon executive
(Reuters) - Marathon Oil Corp said on Thursday that Chairman and Chief Executive Clarence Cazalot will retire December 31 and be replaced by a senior Exxon Mobil Corp executive. Lee Tillman, 51, currently vice president of engineering for Exxon Mobil's development unit, will become Marathon Oil's CEO in 2014, the company said in a statement. Dennis Reilley, Marathon Oil's current lead director ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Ted Thompson in Taipei Times
Brett Favre has informed us of his intention to retire from the Green Bay Packers and the NFL,Thompson said.
- Allen Iverson in Yahoo! Sports
I would like to announce my plans to retire from the National Basketball Association,Iverson said in a statement released to Stephen A. Smith, who first announced Iverson's decision on his personal web site. "I always thought that when I...
- Ashley Judd in The Associated Press
It is time to retire the cynical and superficial coal company-created argument that we must choose between people, their jobs, and our mountains,Judd said. "That is simply false, fear-based and fear-mongering."