restore : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v return to its original or usable and functioning condition
restore the forest to its original pristine condition
- v return to life; get or give new life or energy
The week at the spa restored me
- v give or bring back
- v restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
- v bring back into original existence, use, function, or position
restore law and order
restore the emperor to the throne
- Washington smiled on it and Bhutto, now anointed as the West's favorite to restore democratic credibility to a moderate Pakistani government, returned to retake what she always .
- I know -- and the smartest people in business and industry agree -- that these actions will restore confidence, get stock prices moving up again and increase the value of your .
- The Italian officials said they had arrested a man named Vincenzo Perugia, who had brought the Mona Lisa to a local antiques dealer in order to sell it and restore it to Italy.
News & Articles
- Operation Restore Orderleads to 7 arrests
NAVASSA, NC (WWAY) -- The Brunswick County Sheriff's Office, along with the Leland Police Department, made seven arrests Friday evening after conducting Operation Restore Order in the Town of Navassa. The operation was conducted in response to the increase in violent crimes and drug activity in the Navassa area. "It has become necessary to take extreme enforcement measures in order to bring ...
June 15, 2013 - WWAY 3 Wilmington
- Lawmakers to restore $90M for developmentally disabled
State lawmakers are expected next week to restore $90 million in aid for services for the developmentally disabled after it was cut as part of the state budget in March.
June 15, 2013 - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
- Deal reached to restore funding for services to disabled New Yorkers
State lawmakers and Gov. Andrew Cuomo have reached a deal to restore at least some of the funds cut from this year’s budget for programs that serve developmentally disabled New Yorkers.
June 14, 2013 - The Post-Star
- Henry Paulson in Times Online
We regret having to take these actions. Today's actions are not what we ever wanted to do, but today's actions are what we must do to restore confidence to our financial system,Mr Paulson told a news conference.
- Barack Obama in Toronto Star
We worked exceptionally hard to restore growth; we cannot let it falter or lose strength now,he said.
- Gordon Brown in 24dash
The events of the last few weeks have made clear once and for all that these are global problems that require global solutions,said Mr Brown. "I believe that only by global action can we fully restore the confidence needed to build the...