- v give or bring back
- v restore to a previous or better condition
- In Europe after the war, the Allies mounted a massive effort to restitute hundreds of thousands of paintings and other works of art seized by the Nazis.
News & Articles
- AJC Berlin Urges German Government to Prioritize Return of Nazi Looted Art
BERLIN, Nov. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Deidre Berger, director of the AJC Berlin Ramer Institute, is urging the German government to launch a concerted effort to restitute art stolen by the Nazi government from its rightful owners. Her call for action, in an interview with...
Nov. 10, 2013 - PR Newswire
- FrÃ©dÃ©ric Mitterrand in Xinhua
If the culture ministry's special meeting on Friday issues returning ruling, "the ministry is ready to restitute the relics to the Egyptian authorities without delay," Frederic Mitterrand said in a statement.
- Christine Lagarde in Bloomberg
French law from the transposition of this article imposes the strict obligation for the custodian to restitute the assets that were entrusted to it,Lagarde wrote. "This path wasn't followed by all of the member states."