- v settle in a new place
The immigrants had to resettle
- It's no longer enough to repeat a prescribed number of prayers; you also have to do good, such as volunteer at a soup kitchen, help resettle refugees or donate to a worthy cause.
- The Cordoba native is part of the first, small wave of Argentines of Italian extraction to be offered a free plane ticket, start-up housing costs and a steady job to resettle in .
- But at present there are no plans to resettle any of the displaced people Odhaib aids, and many of the sites where they live have begun to look more like emerging slums than .
News & Articles
- U.N. talks to Germany about resettling 10,000 Syrian refugees
GENEVA (Reuters) - The United Nations refugee agency is talking to Germany about resettling up to 10,000 Syrian refugees, UNHCR spokesman Adrian Edwards said on Tuesday. UNHCR was also working with other European governments to find ways to resettle some of the 1.6 million Syrians who have fled the country, a number the United Nations expects to reach 3.45 million by the end of 2013, Edwards ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Nada & Co to relocate to Green Ridge
Women's shop leaving downtown SCRANTON - An upscale women's apparel shop will relocate from the downtown to the Green Ridge section this fall. Nada & Co. plans to vacate its location at 129 Wyoming Ave., and resettle at the former A&A Auto Parts store at
June 7, 2013 - The Scranton Times-Tribune
- Know Your Madisonian: Sherab Phunkyi
When the Dalai Lama visited Madison last month, Sherab Phunkyi, 60, was undoubtedly one of a very small group of local residents who knew the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader from back in the day. Before arriving in Madison to work in the state Assembly Sergeant at Arms office in 1992, Phunkyi spent about 14 years working to resettle and educate Tibetan refugees as part of the Dalai Lama’s ...
June 6, 2013 - Wisconsin State Journal
- Wen Jiabao in FOXNews
Previously our main priority was the search and rescue of affected people,Wen said. "Our priority now is to resettle the affected people, and to make plans for the post-quake reconstruction."
- Hamid Karzai in AFP
We must have peace at any cost,Karzai said in the TV interview. "Those that we approach to return will be provided with the abilities to work, to find jobs, to have protection, to resettle in their own communities."
- Joel Fitzgibbon in The Age
Interpreters and translators have played a very significant role in assisting with strategy and protection, and we feel we have a moral obligation to resettle them in Australia,Mr Fitzgibbon told ABC Radio.