- n civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army
- n formality and propriety of manner
- n something kept back or saved for future use or a special purpose
- n an athlete who plays only when a starter on the team is replaced
- n (medicine) potential capacity to respond in order to maintain vital functions
- n a district that is reserved for particular purpose
- n armed forces that are not on active duty but can be called in an emergency
- n the trait of being uncommunicative; not volunteering anything more than necessary
- v hold back or set aside, especially for future use or contingency
- v give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause
- v obtain or arrange (for oneself) in advance
- v arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance
- In reality, with 64% of the world's reserves held in dollars at the end of last year way more than in any other money a move to a new reserve currency would be both time .
- The interest rate on reserves did not establish a hard floor on the federal funds rate during the short period between the time that payment of interest on reserves was introduced .
- An annual British Petroleum report claims that the world has enough oil reserves to last 40 more years.
News & Articles
- Hammerheads beat Red Bulls Reserves 1-0
Wilmington Hammerheads midfielder Daniel Steres made for victory Saturday night with his lone goal against the New York Red Bulls Reserves at Legion Stadium in the 57th minute.
June 16, 2013 - WECT 6 Wilmington
- Niko says proved reserves rise 160 percent
REUTERS - Canadian oil and natural gas producer Niko Resources Ltd (NKO.TO) said its proved reserves increased by 160 percent, and that a recent gas discovery in the D6 block off India's east coast could ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Adding It All Up: Why EV Energy Partners' Reserves Matter
As you look deeper at EV Energy's reserves, two areas really stick out. The question you need to answer is if these could lead to more risk that you are willing to take.
June 13, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Steve Ballmer in Independent
In a letter to Yahoo's board on 1 February, Microsoft's chief executive Steve Ballmer wrote: "Microsoft reserves the right to pursue all necessary steps to ensure that Yahoo's shareholders are provided with the opportunity to realise the value...
- Tzipi Livni in BBC News
The AFP news agency quoted Israeli foreign minister Tzipi Livni saying: "Things must be clear - Israel reserves the right to react militarily against the tunnels once and for all."
- Nobuo Tanaka in Reuters
Oil demand by 2050 would be 27 percent below the level of 2005. Yet massive investments in remaining reserves will be needed to make up for the shortfall as low-reserve provinces are exhausted,Tanaka said.