- v hold back or set aside, especially for future use or contingency
- v give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause
- v obtain or arrange (for oneself) in advance
- v arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance
- a set aside for the use of a particular person or party
- a marked by self-restraint and reticence
was habitually reserved in speech, withholding her opinion"-Victoria Sackville-West
- Great design is no longer reserved solely for museum-worthy products, as multitasking designers turn their attention to everything from books to artisanal food, and from lighting .
News & Articles
- Best Activities To Do With Dad In Minnesota
Enjoying time with dad should not be reserved for just Father’s Day. Bring a smile to good ol’ dad’s face with a special summer outing in and around the Twin Cities.
June 14, 2013 - CBS Minnesota
- Severe thunderstorm watch for north Georgia
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.
June 13, 2013 - AccessNorthGa.com
- Robert Downey Jr. Disappoints a Child into Tears
When you grow up, hero-worship is usually reserved for athletes, musicians, actors, and the occasional political figure. But when you're a kid, you worship actual superheroes — something Robert Downey Jr. learned the hard way when he met Jaxson Denno, a little boy going on 2 who's obsessed with Iron Man. The problem with the meeting: RDJ was on location shooting The Judge , which has nothing to ...
June 13, 2013 - Zimbio
- Chipper Jones in The Associated Press
Any more talk of the r-word will be reserved until the end of the season,Jones said. "Somehow the cork got taken out. Well, I'm putting it back in right now.'"
- Wen Jiabao in International Herald Tribune
We already have our plans ready to tackle even more difficult times, and to do that we have reserved adequate ammunition,Premier Wen Jiabao said at a news conference following the close of China's annual legislative meeting. "That means...
- Steven Spielberg in Reuters
Spielberg added: "Michael was a gentle soul who reserved his flamboyant side for his novels. There is no one in the wings that will ever take his place."