- v appear like; be similar or bear a likeness to
She resembles her mother very much
This paper resembles my own work
- Perched on a bluff above the confluence of the Yangtze and Jialing rivers, the old city of Chongqing appears to some visitors to resemble the superstructure of a large ship.
- A wooden horse head was attached to the front of the chuffing buggy in order to make it resemble a horse and carriage (Smith recommended the horse head be hollow to contain .
- They tan their skin until their complexions resemble those of California lifeguards.
News & Articles
- Flick: From Gamma Phi, to L.A. Lakers now …
Just for fun, he likes to juggle knives, or bowling balls, or flaming torches that strongly resemble a three-alarm fire.
June 16, 2013 - The Pantagraph
- Google Launches Balloons to Bring the Internet to Remote Regions
Google is launching huge balloons to bring the Internet to remote and difficult terrain — think mountain ranges, archipelagos and jungles — beginning with New Zealand. Last week, Google launched 30 Internet-enabling balloons in the Canterbury region of New Zealand, with plans to launch 20 more. The balloons, which resemble white, effervescent jellyfish, use a combination of wind, solar power and ...
June 15, 2013 - Mashable
- Pirates notebook: Burnett latest starter to go on DL
Just when the Pirates rotation appeared to resemble a five-man unit, it returned Thursday to its general state of confusion.
June 14, 2013 - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Chosun Ilbo
Our peoples resemble one and other and they admire each other and that is precisely why they have this strong bond - an impassioned relation which is not simple but it is always beautiful,said President Sarkozy. "And I also came to say...
- Myles Brand in International Herald Tribune
Academic reform is here to stay, and those penalties resemble what we give for major infractions. So these are serious penalties and there are a number of teams that received those,Brand said after releasing this year's Academic Progress...
- Rush Limbaugh in Reno News & Review
Or maybe the irrepressible Rush, who once asked, "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"