- n a reply by a Pope to an inquiry concerning a point of law or morality
- n a legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge)
- n the act of rewriting something
- n something that has been written again
- The cousin of England's onetime Prime Minister Stanley Baldwin, she took the veil of a Roman Catholic contemplative order in 1914, left it with a papal rescript in 1941 when she .
- Ascending the Tribune he delivered a masterful defense of his policies, and then, before the Opposition could reply, produced an Imperial rescript dissolving the Diet.
- The Bill will be sent to the Prince Regent for the Royal Assent and promulgated by Imperial rescript which makes it the law of the land.