- n any cold-blooded vertebrate of the class Reptilia including tortoises, turtles, snakes, lizards, alligators, crocodiles, and extinct forms
- Floridians, who tend to be casual about their state reptile, were suddenly hypervigilant to a danger that seemed to be lurking in every body of freshwater bigger than a bathtub.
- Yet here was a reptile equipped with something like wings.
- They are not "serpents", he thinks, but some large reptile or mammal from an earlier age.
News & Articles
- Philly animal control offers gator aid
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. (AP) - A Philly man made a surprising find on his street: a juvenile alligator. Now dubbed "Allie-Gator," the nearly 18-inch long reptile was found near a sewer grate in the Fishtown section of the city Monday.
June 12, 2013 - New Jersey Herald
- Reptile Rally to Make Snakes, Alligators Seem Not So Abhorrent After All
Since it's rattlesnake season and all, we'd thought we'd try to put a positive spin on reptiles, especially those who are looking for someone to love, not to eat. This coming Saturday, Petco i...
June 10, 2013 - SF Weekly Blogs
- Nathan Flick tries to sell stolen snakes at Hamburg Reptile Expo, police say
A Centre County man was arrested for trying to sell off stolen snakes at the Northwestern Berks Reptile Show over the weekend. Nathan Flick admitted that the five snakes, worth about $7,100, were his but that he bought them from a man he didn't know for $800 on May 15. According to police, Flick tried to sell the stolen python snakes at the reptile show at the Hamburg Field House on Saturday ...
June 10, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Jack Hanna in International Herald Tribune
He was probably one of the most knowledgeable reptile people in the entire world,Jack Hanna, director emeritus of the Columbus (Ohio) Zoo and Aquarium, said on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Monday.
- George Poinar in Hindu
In archaeology, a lot of people look at the species Archaeopteryx, which is believed to be the first bird and was sort of half-bird, half-reptile,Poinar said. "Species such as that can be critically important in helping us to understand...
- Melih Abdulhayoglu in India PRwire (press release)
To a reptile with no natural predators in the animal kingdom, from a company with no natural competitors in the identity management space, we extend our most heartfelt congratulations,says Melih Abdulhayoglu, CEO of Comodo. "We hope that...