re pluh kay shuhn
- n the act of making copies
- n (genetics) the process whereby DNA makes a copy of itself before cell division
- n a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one)
- n (law) a pleading made by a plaintiff in reply to the defendant's plea or answer
- n the repetition of a sound resulting from reflection of the sound waves
- n copy that is not the original; something that has been copied
- n the repetition of an experiment in order to test the validity of its conclusion
scientists will not believe an experimental result until they have seen at least one replication
- Scientific generalizations require replication, the demonstration that a given set of forces and substances will yield the same result when brought together under the same .
- It turns out, though, that there are various degrees of genetic replication.
- Burger's replication of one of Milgram's most famous demonstrations yields alarming results.