- n copy that is not the original; something that has been copied
- Her jersey-and-tweed suits won a cool reception from the press, but soon nearly every knockoff house was competing to turn out the closest replica.
- A replica of the minutes of trials in which Pope Clement V absolved the Knights of Templar of heresy in 1308.
- Burningham has built several replica ships, but the Borobudur, he says, was "my greatest challenge, the most speculative reconstruction I've ever worked on.
- Johan Cruyff in New York Times (blog)
Spain, a replica of Barca, is the best publicity for football,Cruyff wrote in his Thursday column in the Barcelona newspaper El Periodico de Catalunya. "Who am I supporting? I am Dutch but I support the football that Spain is playing."
- Dave Whelan in International Herald Tribune
When I first went there just after Mike Ashley had bought it he turned up in the boardroom in a pair of jeans, a pair of trainers and a replica shirt. Immediately he did that, the club's gone,Whelan told Thursday's Sun newspaper. "You...
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni in Gulf Daily News
It's an exact replica of the ones I was using in the Test series so that's all I know about it,Dhoni said. "There was no point creating controversy so I said, 'I'll change the gloves'."