- n the mistake of not following suit when able to do so
- v fail to fulfill a promise or obligation
- As the ranks of retirees grow and workforces do not, countries will have to either renege on commitments or tax the hides off future workers.
- Romney, on the other hand, was praised as "solidly conservative" and unlikely to renege on that stance.
- Still, many in Iran worry that a desire to demonstrate his toughness might prompt Obama to renege on his promises of dialogue with Iran.
News & Articles
- Chafee administration urges repayment of 38 Studios debt
By Philip Marcelo PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Governor Chafee's administration re-affirmed its desire to repay the state's debt on its failed investment in the now bankrupt video-game company 38 Studios. Richard Licht, Chafee's director of administration, said the governor is "emphatically opposed" to Rhode Island becoming the first state since the Great Depression to renege on a so-called "moral ...
June 6, 2013 - The Providence Journal
- City says it didn’t renege on landfill-EMS agreement
The city of Brenham did not renege on an agreement to provide landfill services for county residents, as a former commissioner asserted last week, city officials say.
June 5, 2013 - Brenham Banner-Press
- Vernon Coaker in Telegraph.co.uk
Vernon Coaker, Schools minister, said: "No one wants extra red tape. We've been crystal clear that this is not going to add to teachers' workloads. We want teachers to teach so we're not going to renege on years of working closely with the unions on...
- Omar al-Bashir in AFP
It is a commitment we will not renege on. We made a vow and we will adhere to it,he said.
- John McCain in Bloomberg
We are saddened that the Governor also chose to renege on commitments of funding support from prior years to non-profits and community-based organizations that run free clinics, care for children and the elderly, offer counseling for crime victims... Sheldon Silver http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheldon_Silver&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG_z9t-5Eg8GD6TOoZDUhc9KbEUOQ Politics on the Hudson (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://polhudson.lohudblogs.com/2010/07/07/paterson-releases-veto-inventory/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE8j6IoAXOO6tzrphO-jEOaWkKdVA Jul 7, 2010
82538 110201 renegotiate I would order the secretary of Treasury to immediately buy up the bad home-loan mortgages in America and renegotiate at the new value of those homes," McCain said tonight during their second debate, a town hall-style forum at Belmont University...