- n someone who rebels and becomes an outlaw
- n a disloyal person who betrays or deserts his cause or religion or political party or friend etc.
- v break with established customs
- s having deserted a cause or principle
renegade supporters of the usurper
- But the time of the pistol-packing renegade had run outworldwide.
- Beijing regards Taiwan as a "renegade province" and has said it is willing to use force if needed to prevent the island's independence.
- What has turned Clark into a renegade bargain hunter is the price of her medications.
News & Articles
- Renegade Wendy's kills giant 'T-Rex' burger
Canadian carnivores are mourning the extinction of 'T-Rex,' a gargantuan nine-patty cheeseburger that a renegade Wendy's had sold since the meat monster was hatched as a magazine spoof several years ago.
June 14, 2013 - Asbury Park Press
- Record $11M Fine For Illegal California Gold Mine
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- State regulators imposed a record $11 million fine Thursday on the operators of a renegade gold mine in the Sierra foothills east of Sacramento. Owners of the Big Cut Mine south of Placerville previously ignored more than $1 million in fines from the state Mining and Geology Board, and board executive officer Stephen Testa said he doubts the state can collect on this ...
June 14, 2013 - Manufacturing.net
- Bar Sajor is Matt Dillon’s finest yet
Bar Sajor, Matt Dillon’s beautiful new Pioneer Square restaurant, is his most pulled-together effort yet, evidence that, while still a creative renegade, this 2012 winner of the James Beard Award for Best Chef Northwest is maturing as a chef/restaurateur.
June 14, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Gary Hart in Seattle Post Intelligencer
He's always had that somewhere-between-independence-and-renegade streak,says former Sen. Gary Hart, who served as a groomsman when McCain married his second wife.
- David Obey in The Hill (blog)
In recent history - which runs from General MacArthur, to General LeMay, to General McChrystal, we have seen a long list of reckless, renegade generals who haven't seemed to understand that their role is to implement policy, not design it,...
- Jose Ramos Horta in International Herald Tribune
We can't control the situation,Foreign Minister Jose Ramos Horta said, adding that troops from Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Portugal had been asked to help "disarm renegade troops and police rebelling against the state."