- v become less tense, rest, or take one's ease
He relaxed in the hot tub
Let's all relax after a hard day's work
- v make less taut
relax the tension on the rope
- v become loose or looser or less tight
the rope relaxed
- v cause to feel relaxed
A hot bath always relaxes me
- v become less tense, less formal, or less restrained, and assume a friendlier manner
our new colleague relaxed when he saw that we were a friendly group
- v make less severe or strict
The government relaxed the curfew after most of the rebels were caught
- v become less severe or strict
The rules relaxed after the new director arrived
- v make less active or fast
Don't relax your efforts now
- If women could relax, the theory goes, they would experience no pain, have more effective contractions and therefore a shorter labor.
- While you stand on the moving plates in the bent-knee position recommended for beginners, the continual vibration causes you to tense and relax your muscles to keep your balance.
- Resistance stretching centers on flexing your muscles even as you stretch them; for example, instead of simply releasing a leg lift, resist the urge to let your quad muscles relax .
News & Articles
- Robert Downey Jr. To Return As Iron Man In 'Avengers' Sequels!
by Brett White Everyone can relax! The great period of uncertainty has come to an end. Marvel has reported that Robert Downey Jr. will return as Iron Man for two more movies! CELEBRATE! The films in question are "Avengers 2" and "Avengers 3," which doesn't have a release date but, come on, it's happening. "Avengers" [...]
June 20, 2013 - MTV
- What To See at Lodi Lake
Folks flock to Lodi Lake to relax, but it`s also a place to learn about plants and animals. Alisa Becerra spends time with volunteer docents who lead morning tours, educating school-aged children about nature. …
June 20, 2013 - FOX40 Sacramento
- County overbills Roswell for taxes
Roswell residents can relax. The Fulton County Assessor’s Office has made an error in its annual assessment notices to Roswell homeowners, overestimating property taxes 10 times higher than the correct amount.
June 19, 2013 - Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Ron Artest in ESPN
He also added a quote of the night candidate, "Well, first of all I want to thank everybody in my hood. I definitely want to thank my doctors ...... my psychiatrist, she really helped me relax a lot."
- Kim Clijsters in The Associated Press
It's obviously not the same as in the beginning,Clijsters said. "We've definitely grown up. We've had great times together playing Fed Cup and just messaging each other on phones, teasing each other, fun, you know, relax. I think that's...
- Rafael Nadal in TODAYonline
We're going to think about the US Open in one month. Right now, I want to relax and enjoy this amazing season,the left-hander said. "The last six months of the 2009 season I wasn't ready to play at this level. I was ready to fight, but not...