- n the act of rejecting something
his proposals were met with rejection
- n the state of being rejected
- n (medicine) an immunological response that refuses to accept substances or organisms that are recognized as foreign
rejection of the transplanted liver
- n the speech act of rejecting
- When cell tests showed that rejection activity was building up, the doctors were able to give rejection-suppressing drugs in good time.
- Science comes closer to creating the perfect pig, offering hope for a larder of rejection-free organs MARCH 25, 2000.
- Anti-rejection drugs the patient will have to take for the rest of her life will increase the risk of cancer.
News & Articles
- The U.S. Already Wants Venezuela to Send Snowden Home
Edward Snowden is still living out a Tom Hanks movie in a Russian airport, but before Friday evening his pursuit of a new home was starting to resemble a nerd's quest to find a prom date: all rejection. But two countries have stepped forward and offered Snowden shelter, even if they have no idea how to rescue him from Russia.
July 6, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Urine Test Might Predict Kidney Transplant Rejection
Title: Urine Test Might Predict Kidney Transplant Rejection Category: Health News Created: 7/3/2013 6:35:00 PM Last Editorial Review: 7/5/2013 12:00:00 AM
July 6, 2013 - MedicineNet.com
- 10 Reasons You Were Rejected for Credit
One out of every three or four credit card applicants may be getting a rejection letter. Here's a guide to some of the main reasons you may be turned down.
July 6, 2013 - Credit.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Robert Wexler in The Associated Press
The unequivocal rejection of violence was both a powerful statement and made a significant impression,Wexler said.
- Tony Woodley in Wall Street Journal
BA management should take note of their own employees' strong rejection of their offer and immediately address the outstanding concerns,the union's joint general secretaries, Derek Simpson and Tony Woodley, said in a statement. "They...
- John Watkins in Melbourne Herald Sun
This is a brazen demonstration to the whole world of (the Tigers') unchanged commitment to terrorism and the absolute rejection of democracy and all norms of civilised behaviour, in the pursuit of its unacceptable goal of separation, which... Mahinda Rajapakse http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahinda_Rajapaksa&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGCxFY-mJhkbwSunXkKs-N_swqlyA Reuters South Africa http://www.google.com/url?q=http://africa.reuters.com/world/news/usnCOL76938.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHFgyJIiSH04Tj8PyisGMh6YG7kew Jan 15, 2008
82148 109909 rejig It's very difficult to put in place a contingency plan that makes up for the capacity that rail has, in fact it is impossible," Mr Watkins said on ABC radio. "You would have to ...... rejig the day's events absolutely."