- v bring into conformity with rules or principles or usage; impose regulations
- v make regular or more regular
News & Articles
- Saudi deports 60,000 foreigners in crackdown on illegals
Saudi Arabia has deported more than 60,000 illegal foreign workers in a crackdown over the past fortnight and more are to follow, Interior Minister Prince Mohammed bin Nayef said Tuesday. Police have rounded up tens of thousands of people for deportation since an amnesty for foreign workers to regularise their status expired on November 4. The campaign has "so far led to the deportation of more ...
Nov. 19, 2013 - AFP via Yahoo! News
- Brian Cowen in Irish Times
Mr Cowen agreed there were "real hardships and human consequences to the inability thus far to regularise people so that they can come and go".
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Turkish Press
If Madame Royal wants to regularise all illegal immigrants and if the left wants to side with people who don't pay for their train tickets, that's their choice. It is not mine,Sarkozy said.
- Morgan Tsvangirai in Zimbabwe Times
On May 15, we were supposed to hold the inaugural meeting, unfortunately we did not have key members of the sector,Tsvangirai said. "Some were out of the country. But we have to regularise the meeting of the National Security Council."