- n the act of refusing
- n a message refusing to accept something that is offered
- SGT R explains that refusal to eat is unproductive.
- For Abbas, the handshake with Netanyahu orchestrated by Obama was viewed as a humiliating climbdown from his refusal to talk to the Israelis until they implemented that settlement .
- But there was something touching, if maddening, about her refusal to renounce her love for the boy at the cost of her freedom.
News & Articles
- Police: 50 arrested during “no refusal” initiative
Austin police said 50 people were arrested during a “no-refusal” drunken driving initiative during the four-day Republic of Texas Biker Rally.
June 17, 2013 - Austin American-Statesman
- Peru Humala's approval rating slips for fourth straight month
LIMA (Reuters) - Peruvian President Ollanta Humala's approval rating fell in June for the fourth straight month to nearly the lowest level of his term, due in part to his refusal to pardon jailed former President Alberto Fujimori, according to a poll released on Sunday. The popularity of Humala, who has been in office nearly two years, slipped to 41 percent in June from 46 percent in May ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- APD attempts to curb motorcycle accidents with no refusal policy
AUSTIN -- Austin Police Department is stepping up patrols this weekend, targeting aggressive and distracted drivers to curb the number of motorcycle accidents. Already, there have at least six motorcycle crashes in Austin since Thursday, at least one of them was deadly. APD will have more officers out and about this weekend, enforcing a no-refusal policy with drivers. If someone is pulled over ...
June 15, 2013 - KVUE-TV Austin
- Mirek Topolanek in Times Online
Today Mr Topolanek said: "We need to read the history books and the lessons of history and the biggest success of the (EU) is the refusal to go this way." "Americans will need liquidity to finance all their measures and they will balance this...
- Robert Bork in Wall Street Journal (blog)
If people understood that an American Supreme Court nominee was going to follow the example of Barak, there would be grave misgivings and probably a refusal to confirm,said Bork, who called Barak an activist.
- Barack Obama in ABC News
We will not be cowed by threats, and we will continue to send a clear message through our actions and not just our words: North Korea's refusal to meet its international obligations will lead only to less security -- not more,Obama said.