reflux : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an abnormal backward flow of body fluids
- n the outward flow of the tide
- Not only could it help prevent extra weight gain, it can also lower the risk of gastroesophageal reflux and other digestive problems that may compound sleep problems.
- It is possible that the increased popularity of marijuana is merely cyclical, part of the usual flux and reflux that have also seen harder drugs like cocaine and heroin rise in .
- A new study overturns the long-held practice of treating chronic asthma patients with medication for acid reflux.
News & Articles
- Stay at Home Dad
Michael Down works at home, on his art and taking care of sons Jack and Charlie and the family dog Buddy. Jack was born a “micro-preemie,” weighing less than 2 pounds at birth. His prematurity caused hydrocephalus, cerebral palsy, a heart valve issue, structural issues with his stomach as well as reflux , and some eye problems. read more
June 16, 2013 - IlliniHQ.com
- FDA advisory causes doctors to take another look at proton pump inhibitors
Marian Mandell is not a teetotaler. The 65-year-old retired Newton real estate broker enjoys her coffee and savors a nice glass of wine, too — both no-nos for people who struggle with acid reflux because the beverages are thought to worsen the ailment.
June 14, 2013 - Boston Globe
- New magnetic device helps prevent acid reflux
Minnesota singer Geoff Elvee, of Crosslake, is hoping that a new device will improve his acid reflux and get him back on stage.
June 12, 2013 - KARE 11 Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Patrick Swayze in msnbc.com
I had been having some digestive trouble, mostly acid reflux and a kind of bloated feeling, for a few weeks,Swayze said in the book. "I've had a sensitive stomach my whole life, so I hadn't thought much of it, but lately I just couldn't...
- Elias Zerhouni in Science Daily (press release)
This study strongly suggests that the current practice of prescribing H2 blockers to prevent or treat acid reflux in premature infants needs to be carefully reevaluated by all concerned in light of these new findings,said Elias A. Zerhouni,...
- Christopher Buckley in New York Times
The thought of Sarah Palin as president gives me acid reflux,Mr. Buckley said.