- n a distinctive odor that is offensively unpleasant
- v have an element suggestive (of something)
- v smell badly and offensively
The building reeks of smoke
- v be wet with sweat or blood, as of one's face
- v give off smoke, fumes, warm vapour, steam, etc.
Marshes reeking in the sun
- The smell is the first thing that leaves you speechless: from the toxic singe of burning plastic to the reek of scattered sewage.
- David Letterman joked that it would reek of cigarettes and bubble gum.
- If it's clear that a company is paying a Twitter user to put in a good word for them, will the message ring true or reek of desperation? "Oh no," says Tom Aiello, spokesman for .
News & Articles
- Sheriffs discuss liability and disasters at conference
Law enforcement officials from 83 departments attended the Michigan Sheriffs' Association Conference at Shanty Creek Resort in Antrim County.
June 11, 2013 - TV 7&4 Traverse City
- CollegeHumor Compiles Every Single 'Saved By The Bell' Audience 'OOOH!' Into One Epic Video
The "Saved By The Bell" cast in all of their '90s fashion glory. TV laugh tracks usually reek of cheese, so a lot of sitcom producers prefer to film in front of live studio audiences to garner a more genuine reaction to jokes in the script. However, occasionally the audience becomes so outspoken that their whoops and [...]
June 10, 2013 - MTV
- Photo Essay: Eco-nightmare in EU candidate Serbia
Plastic bottles, old tires, cardboard boxes and other garbage block the flow of the Juzna Morava river — so badly that men in rubber boats need to use paddles to clear the way. A reek of waste fills the ...
June 6, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Dave Grohl in Gigwise
When I think of Nirvana, I think of Krist (Novoselic), Kurt (Cobain) and me,Grohl explained. "I think about us driving through Canadian snow-storms in a van leaking fuel. We'd reek like guys working in a gas station. I think about us...
- Lee Unkrich in NBC San Diego (blog)
Unkrich says he "thought about making it a Mac, but I was worried it might reek of product placement."
- Jejomar Binay in Inquirer.net
The statements of Apostol and General Ticman reek of politics. It leads me to believe that the police and MalacaÃ±ang have already made up their minds, and they will now use this issue for political purposes,said Binay, the president of the...