- n set that receives radio or tv signals
- n (law) a person (usually appointed by a court of law) who liquidates assets or preserves them for the benefit of affected parties
- n earphone that converts electrical signals into sounds
- n a person who receives something
- n the tennis player who receives the serve
- n a football player who catches (or is supposed to catch) a forward pass
- On the eve of the 2009 season, the standout wide receiver talks to PTI about Michael Vick, his fantasy football team and what makes wide receivers tick.
- That receiver amplifies them at 50 watts per channel and sends them out through wires to your surround left and right speakers.
- A direct line-in to the car's receiver is ideal, but there's no guarantee that your receiver especially a factory receiver on a digital-era car has a stereo input for you .
News & Articles
- Receiver Marvin Bracy leaving Florida State to turn pro in track
Receiver Marvin Bracy leaving Florida State to turn pro in track
June 15, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Wide receiver Cruz signs Giants' tender
NEW YORK — Wide receiver Victor Cruz has signed his $2.879 million tender with the Giants.
June 15, 2013 - Middletown Times Herald-Record
- Giants star receiver Cruz signs $2.879 million tender
Giants star receiver Cruz signs $2.879 million tender the Associated Press Published Jun 14, 2013 08:28PM MDT New York • Wide receiver Victor Cruz has signed his $2.879 million tender with the New York Giants. Two people familiar with the contract told The Associated Press on Friday that the restricted free agent with three years in the NFL had signed the tender while he works on a long-term ...
June 15, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Nancy Pelosi in BusinessWeek
It was a "one-two-three-person-removed rumor that had been reported Mr. Hoyer's office," Pelosi said. "You know what this is, Rumor City. I have a job to do and not be a receiver of rumors."
- Michael Irvin in The Associated Press
You see how people are evolving at the position,Irvin said. "We hear quarterbacks being students of the game and they get credit for it all the time. But if a quarterback is going to have success, he's going to have to have a receiver...
- Ozzie Newsome in Washington Post
This is a runner who can make people miss and has the explosion and speed to take it the distance,Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome said in a statement. "He also has the power and size to run inside. He's a viable receiver out of the...