- n a legal seizure by the government of profits beyond a fixed amount
- n the act of taking something back
- v experience anew
She could not recapture that feeling of happiness
- v take up anew
The author recaptures an old idea here
- v take back by force, as after a battle
The military forces managed to recapture the fort
- v capture again
recapture the escaped prisoner
- In the newly rich country of Bolivia, they attempted to recapture the past by becoming badmen again.
- We need to recapture the principle that you do well, but in the process of doing well, you give back.
- France's movie industry, the world's largest a century ago, has yet to recapture its New Wave eminence of the 1960s, when directors like Franois Truffaut and Jean-Luc Godard were .
News & Articles
- Carly Rae Jepsen Shares Details On New Album
It’s been over a year since Carly Rae Jepsen and her single Call Me Maybe became a hit sensation. Now, the Canadian Idol alum and recent American Idol guest star is on the verge of releasing another album. Will she be able to recapture the success of first international release Kiss? Carly Rae Jepsen is known as the ‘poppiest’ [...]
June 21, 2013 - Reality TV Magazine
- Lebanese president urges Hezbollah to pull out of Syria
BEIRUT (Reuters) - President Michel Suleiman has called on the Lebanese Shi'ite Muslim Hezbollah movement to pull its guerrillas out of Syria, saying any further involvement in its neighbor's civil war would fuel instability in Lebanon. Hezbollah militants spearheaded the recapture of the strategic border town of Qusair two weeks ago by forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, which now ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Recapture of Inmate from Montee Saint-Francois Institution
LAVAL, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - June 18, 2013) - As a result of a collaborative effort between the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC), the Sûreté du Québec and the Service de police de Laval, federal offender Dave Bernatchez, who had escaped from Montée Saint-François Institution on June 16, 2013, was recaptured on June 18, 2013 without incident, in Laval.
June 18, 2013 - Marketwire
- Phil Jackson in ESPN
Once it gets going bad for him, there's a lot of times he can't turn his game around in the course of the night,Jackson said. "So that's one of the things we keep talking about, finding a way to recapture your ball game even though things...
- Angus Young in Bradenton Herald
So he was trying to recapture more of that rock sound, like the 'Highway to Hell' - he said he even liked the 'Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt Cheap)' time,says Angus, referring to two of the group's seminal discs. "It has to sound like AC/DC. You...
- Joe Torre in Seattle Post Intelligencer
The good feeling is gone,said New York manager Joe Torre. "The reality of what kind of team we are, and what it takes to win, we need to recapture that."