- n the speech act of refuting by offering a contrary contention or argument
- n (law) a pleading by the defendant in reply to a plaintiff's surrejoinder
- One of the site's most visited and handiest features should be bookmarked in every climate-defender's browser: Coby Beck's comprehensive rebuttal to all global-warming naysayers .
- Herzog's rebuttal was slightly more complicated: that Israel had a right, long recognized in international law, to protect the safety of its citizens, and that Uganda's Idi Amin .
- This week, behind the doors of Room 318, the Administration's formal rebuttal began.
News & Articles
- District attorney’s office responds to Orie appeal
By Adam Brandolph, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review The Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office filed a 105-page rebuttal on Wednesday to former state Sen. Jane Orie’s appeal that seeks to overturn her conviction ...
June 12, 2013 - Pine Creek Journal
- The Senate's Push for a Secret Court's Secrets Can Only Tell Us This Much
I welcome this debate,President Obama said on Friday of the NSA revelations, "and I think it's healthy for our democracy." That prompted an article in rebuttal from The New York Times: "Debate on Secret Data Looks Unlikely, Partly Due to Secrecy." With swaths of the security state still shrouded by classification, the president and his allies have a distinct advantage in the debate ...
June 11, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Legacy Ranch rebuttal heard, no more public comment
Hundreds of public comments were read and heard by the Ravalli County Commissioners over the past months. Now developers get their shot at a rebuttal.
June 10, 2013 - KECI Missoula
- John Roberts in The Associated Press
Justice Stevens, we will allow you time for rebuttal,Roberts said after finishing the letter, a comment that drew laughter from observers.
- John Warner in USA Today
Things like this happen. It's a war,Warner said. "The disinformation that's going on in that country is really affecting the effectiveness of what we're achieving, and we have no recourse but to try and do some rebuttal information."
- Patrick Stewart in Toronto Sun
One of the things that took me by surprise when I came to live and work in Hollywood was the rebuttal of what I'd always believed was a completely democratic society, which did not have a hierarchy,said Stewart, who played Captain Picard on...