- v obtain or seize by violence
- v prey on or hunt for
- v eat greedily
- v feed greedily
- s living by preying on other animals especially by catching living prey
- s excessively greedy and grasping
- s devouring or craving food in great quantities
- Clinton's sclerotic firmness may be chronic, a consequence of the sort of campaign she appears to be running--which is to say, the sort of campaign in which you put a ravening .
- Abraham Lincoln once remarked that he found it easier to run the Civil War than to satisfy his political followers' ravening for postmasterships.
- Over the last two years, as he struggled with this obscene disease, which devoured him at the end like a witless, ravening vulture, I would provoke him on purpose, to divert him.