- His eponymous English-language debut has sold nearly 4 million copies and produced the summer's rave-up anthem.
- He was, in short, a great American songwriter, with the clean-cut narrative gifts of Chuck Berry, the honesty of a Hank Williams and the rave-up musical skills of a perfesser in a .
- Still, she's at her best not so much in the pop ballads that gave her mid-career a Top 40 lift, as in a plaintive ballad like John Prine's "Hello in There," or her rave-up of "When .
News & Articles
- Review: Janelle Monáe's ‘Dance Apocalyptic’ Is Weird, Genre-Bending Fun
If there was ever a song that deserves to be blasted all over the radio landscape, become the soundtrack for endless summer cookouts and showcased on some ubiquitous television commercial spot, it’s Janelle Monáe’s latest single “Dance Apocalyptic.” The infectious rave-up is the follow-up to the quirky talent’s Erykah Badu-assisted funk manifesto “ Q.U.E.E.N. ” And the pop-rock leaning mash-up ...
June 28, 2013 - Vibe Magazine
- Dmitry Medvedev in ITAR-TASS
Dmitry Medvedev told a conculsive news conference in Toyako on Wednesday that he was "pleased with the level of deep discussions" with G-8 colleagues. "This is not a rave-up where the leaders meet and discuss issues, which were prepared in...
- Dave Marsh in CTV.ca
A beginning-to-end rave-up that makes the Isley Brothers seem absolutely tame,Marsh wrote. "You can call this groove or soul or you can simply sit back and let it dazzle you."