- n a dance party that lasts all night and electronically synthesized music is played
raves are very popular in Berlin
- n an extravagantly enthusiastic review
he gave it a rave
- v participate in an all-night techno dance party
- v talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner
- v praise enthusiastically
She raved about that new restaurant
- Teens in search of a hot island rave ask a smuggler to take them to said rave.
- Like a rave party for kids, with art segments by Devo's Mark Mothersbaugh and music from bands like The Shins, it's gorgeous-looking silly fun, for adults too.
- Federal prosecutors went after BBQ, a New Orleans dance-promotion company, because partyers who attended its legendary Big Easy raves often ended up in the emergency room with drug .
News & Articles
- Brawling and "twerking": Birmingham Council yanks license for teen nightclub after police complaints
Social media promotion for Club Rave backfired for the owner fighting to keep his business open amid allegations of both lewd and violent activity at his establishment.
June 11, 2013 - Birmingham News
- Stewart Title Closes Cinemark Acquisition of Rave Theatres
Stewart National Title Services is proud to have provided title insurance and closing services for the recent Cinemark Holdings, Inc. acquisition of assets from Rave Cinemas. The transaction, for which Stewart was the sole title insurance provider, was closed by the NTS Dallas office and totaled approximately $240 million.
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Rant & Rave: kind firefighter and plant-stomping jerks
RAVE To the super-kind firefighter at the farmers market ahead of us in line at the ice-cream truck. When I went to pay for my four boys’ ice-cream cones, I was told he’d paid for them — what a nice surprise. When we went to thank him, he told us to come by the fire station some time.
June 9, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Regis Philbin in CTV.ca
It gets to be repetitive,says Philbin. "So you look forward to a little breath of fresh air up there in Canada and after hearing everybody rave about the place I can't wait to see it."
- Jeff Garlin in NDTV.com
I can't believe it's actually out. I've reached my goal. I got a release and a review in The New York Times - a rave. I'm done,says Garlin.
- Curt Schilling in USA Today
I'm probably just as worried when you face somebody that isn't well known,Schilling said Wednesday. "Because those end up being guys that everybody does know after a game like tomorrow. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about his stuff,...