- n a rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders)
the death rattle
- n a baby's toy that makes percussive noises when shaken
- n loosely connected horny sections at the end of a rattlesnake's tail
- v make short successive sounds
- v shake and cause to make a rattling noise
- The Wisconsin Legislature last week passed a bill requiring that, to collect the State's bounty of 50 per rattlesnake, snake-hunters must produce not only the rattle but at .
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: Ugly is Leone's insatiable appetite for beatings, disembowelings and mutilations, complete with closeups of mashed-in faces and death-rattle sound .
- Whereas reality TV call it "discomfort TV"--lives to rattle viewers' cages.
News & Articles
- 2 earthquakes rattle Big Island
Two minor earthquakes rattled parts of the Big Island Sunday. The first was a magnitude 3.2, just before 4 a.m. Sunday morning near Kawaihae. The second, a 3.0, started in the afternoon. This one was centered under Mauna Kea. There are no reports of any damage or injuries.
June 17, 2013 - KITV Honolulu
- Philadelphia Orchestra on the Radio
At 2 p.m. Sunday, WRTI (90.1 FM) broadcasts Simon Rattle conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra playing Jean Sibelius' Symphonies Nos. 6 and 7, together without interruption, from a May 2013 concert.
June 17, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Festival may rattle your nerves
NOXEN TWP. 8212 A rattlesnake's rattle sounds almost like a quieter 17-year locust or a weed-wacker running 100 yards away.Hundreds of attendees got to hear the sound firsthand at Noxen's 42nd annual Rattlesnake Roundup on Saturday.
June 16, 2013 - Times Leader
- Pierce Brosnan in The Press Association
I'm aware of my lack of stamina, particularly working with a young cast on Remember Me with Robert Pattinson, the latest heartthrob. Things do rattle and shake at times, but that's the challenge of life anyway,he said.
- Clint Bowyer in ABC News
I'm not going to kid you, I was about to throw up on those last 30 laps,Bowyer said in Victory Lane. "What was funny, I was starting to feel a vibration but I don't know what it was. It was just you hear every rattle, banging and everybody...