- n uttering in an irritated tone
- n a coarse file with sharp pointed projections
- v scrape with a rasp
- v utter in a grating voice
- Once on the scene, though, the Slasher a wiry, nervous guy, like Billy Bob Thornton with Tom Waits' rasp thrums like a racing engine.
- His voice has the breathy rasp of a drinker, his walk the uncertainty of a strong man going down.
- Lil Wayne has a smoke-scarred rasp that makes him sound like Redd Foxx covering Bob Dylan.
News & Articles
- College corner
Benjamin Rasp and Dominique Walker were named to the spring semester dean's list at Morehead State University.
June 14, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer
- NU’s Big Red Football School hosts prep Husker hopefuls
LINCOLN — By Tuesday, Ross Els’ voice had found that familiar rasp, produced by hours of coaching football.
June 12, 2013 - Kearney Hub
- Local Music Review: The Reigns Band
There’s a craggily handsome quality to Reigns Band frontman Evan Melgaard’s voice—a smoky, weathered tenor, with hints of honey audibly seeping into the cracks of each croupy rasp.
June 12, 2013 - Metro Pulse
- Alonso Duralde in FOXNews
Reviewing the film for MSNBC, Alonso Duralde wrote that Bale's Batman in "Batman Begins" "sounded absurdly deep, like a 10-year-old putting on an `adult' voice to make prank phone calls. This time, Bale affects an eerie rasp, somewhat akin to Brenda...
- Caleb Followill in Maryland Gazette
On the last night of the Dylan tour,says Caleb Followill, "Dylan came into our dressing room and he says (here Caleb affects Dylan's husky rasp:) 'What's that last song you guys played?' And I said, 'Uh, it's called 'Trani' (a little ditty...
- Tyrone Willingham in HeraldNet
Right now, no,Willingham said when asked if a change could be coming this week. "I don't anticipate that, even though I like some things from our backup punter Kiel Rasp. Jared hit some very good balls that night and what we have to do is...