- n a state of being carried away by overwhelming emotion
listening to sweet music in a perfect rapture"- Charles Dickens
- n a state of elated bliss
- But in his off-hours, he's the webmaster at raptureready.
- In 1901, while the nation mourned the assassinated President William McKinley, Alice, 17, was "filled with an extreme rapture," she later said.
- This was rapture made audible, palpable.
- John Shelby Spong in Contra Costa Times
She later earned two master's degrees, and celebrated Episcopal Bishop John Spong praised her book, "From Rapture to Revelation."
- Ken MacLeod in New York Times
The science fiction author Ken MacLeod described the idea of the singularity as "the Rapture of the nerds."
- Noel Gallagher in Sydney Morning Herald
The strange thing is, is that the lyrics are all quite similar - they all mention God, and Jesus, and the f- - -ing light and the rapture, and angels,Noel says. "And that's happened very much by coincidence because none of us write...