- s living by preying on other animals especially by catching living prey
the rapacious wolf
- s excessively greedy and grasping
a rapacious divorcee on the prowl
- s devouring or craving food in great quantities
a rapacious appetite
- Government is planning to force accountability on what some people call a "rapacious" insurance industry.
- My new iPhone has made me a rapacious consumer of text messages.
- The rapacious oil companies encourage people to consume more oil regardless of what such consumption does to the environment.
- Robert Redford in The Miami Herald
Actor Robert Redford said in a statement that Salazar's announcement was "a sign that after eight long years of rapacious greed and backdoor dealings, our government is returning a sense of balance to the way it manages our lands" and added:...
- James Madison in RedState (blog)
Alexander Hamilton wrote in the Federalist Number 6 that: "Men are ambitious, vindictive and rapacious," with James Madison writing in Federalist 51, "But what is government itself, but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men...
- Joseph Romm in AlterNet
You can get this burst of wealth that we have created from this rapacious behavior,added Romm. "But it has to collapse, unless adults stand up and say, 'This is a Ponzi scheme. We have not generated real wealth, and we are destroying a...