rallying cry :
- n a slogan used to rally support for a cause
- n a yell intended to rally a group of soldiers in battle
News & Articles
- Bernstein: Go Ahead, Make Fun Of “Boston Strong”
As soon as a well-meant charitable effort is twisted into a Stanley Cup rallying cry, all bets are off.
June 15, 2013 - CBS Chicago
- ‘Chicago Stronger’ T-Shirts Inspire Backlash, Are Later Pulled by Chicago Apparel Company
Apparently learning nothing from this idiot up in Toronto, Chicago-based apparel company Cubby Tees commemorated the Blackhawks’ trip to the Stanley Cup Final in a way that hit a collective nerve among Bostonians. The company began selling T-shirts adorned with the phrase “Chicago Stronger,” an obvious play on the “Boston Strong” rallying cry that united […]
June 15, 2013 - New England Sports Network
- TrueHoop TV: Remember the Alamo
It's a rallying cry not just of San Antonio and Texas, but of the U.S. But, um ... what happened at the Alamo again? Talking the San Antonio view of the world at the Alamo with Andrew McNeill of 48 Minutes of Hell.
June 14, 2013 - ESPN Blogs