- n (medicine) the treatment of disease (especially cancer) by exposure to a radioactive substance
- His body gowned in cotton and his soul cloaked in despair, the cancer patient held few hopes two decades ago when he was wheeled to the hospital radiotherapy room.
- In men, as in women, treatment usually includes surgery followed by some combination of radiotherapy, chemotherapy and because almost all men with breast cancer have tumors .
- I think the most satisfying moments were when I saw lives saved--children suffering from cancer, for example, treated through radiotherapy machines provided by the agency.
News & Articles
- Varian Links With Siemens Systems
Varian revealed that The Ohio State University is utilizing its software to conduct radiotherapy sessions with linear accelerators manufactured by Siemens.
June 14, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Mantovani in Washington Post
He's reacting well to a fifth cycle of radiotherapy. He's fighting like a lion and he has never lost his heart, also because a family he adores is by his side,Mantovani said.
- Christopher Parker in International Herald Tribune
Combining hormones and radiotherapy should now be available to patients universally,said Chris Parker of the Institute of Cancer Research in Surrey, England.
- Russell Watson in Telegraph.co.uk
Arriving at the Christie Hospital in Manchester today, Watson said: "My throat feels OK. I feel a little bit tired. It takes a while to get your energy and stamina levels up again. It's been a strange new year, 2008, in for my radiotherapy on...