- n medium for communication
- n an electronic receiver that detects and demodulates and amplifies transmitted signals
- n a communication system based on broadcasting electromagnetic waves
- v transmit messages via radio waves
he radioed for help
- a indicating radiation or radioactivity
- It took three radio sound men, a control-room engineer and five hours of hard work to create the sound that was heard for less than 30 seconds on the air.
- For an energetic fellow like Elliott Lewis, the great charm of radio is that it keeps a man busy.
- Richard Corliss gives a listener s report on the left-wing radio network as it enters year two.
- Mark Thompson in guardian.co.uk
In a statement, Thompson said: "I would like to add my own personal and unreserved apology to Andrew Sachs, his family and to licence fee payers for the completely unacceptable broadcast on BBC Radio 2. BBC audiences accept that, in comedy,...
- Tuilaepa Sailele Malielegaoi in New Zealand Herald
Thankfully the alarm sounded on the radio and gave people time to climb to higher ground. But not everyone escaped,said Prime Minister Tuilaepa Sailele Malielegaoi, adding that two children en route to hospital were swept away.
- Darius Rucker in ABC News
I love being in country music because of the accessibility and the relationships you have with fans and with radio is awesome,said Rucker, who along with Lee Ann Womack announced the nominations on ABC.