rabble-rouser : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular passions and prejudices
- "No wire fence will ensconce us. We will break free." shouted the rabble-rouser passionately.
- ALSO SEE Profiles of an Indonesian jungle protector, a spirited Alaskan Indian activist, a Kenyan rabble-rouser and an unorthodox shaman's apprentice from Harvard.
- The rabble-rouser Vladimir Zhirinovsky, leader of the misleadingly titled Liberal-Democratic party, has fielded his bodyguard much to the amusement of the voting public.
News & Articles
- 'Mother' has Dixie Chicks singer solo
Proving that there is life after committing career suicide, Dixie Chicks' resident rabble-rouser Natalie Maines opens up about relationships, romance and regrets (but, thankfully, not politics) on her stellar but stark solo debut, "Mother."
June 20, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Vonnie Holliday in MiamiHerald.com
Channing is a rabble-rouser, but in that situation, he's clearly not in the wrong,Dolphins defensive lineman Vonnie Holliday said.
- Mia Bloom in USA Today
Bloom, who has worked with the New Jersey Office of Counter-Terrorism, says the state's Arab and Muslim communities are "hotbeds of dissent. But they're not taking it to the next level. When a rabble-rouser comes to a mosque, he's met with a great...
- PJ Carlesimo in Seattle Times
I'm sure sometimes as a coach you forget that the camera is there,Carlesimo said. "but to me, when I see even the rabble-rouser guys like Dick Vermeil after a game, like when they show the guy going around passing out game balls, I'm...