- n a prescribed number
all the salesmen met their quota for the month
- n a proportional share assigned to each participant
- n a limitation on imports
the quota for Japanese imports was negotiated
- Since labor is reckoned at about half the total cost of production, quota films in future will cost about $75,000.
- After more than five years of lawsuits aimed at ending discriminatory hiring practices, a federal judge last week imposed a stunningly sweeping quota system on Chicago's police .
- The fact: China's quota would permit the immigration of precisely 105 Chinese a year.
News & Articles
- State sets coastal salmon quotas
Tad Mick holds a Chinook salmon caught off Depoe Bay in 2011. The state last week set salmon seasons. This year, ocean anglers have a quota of 10,500 clipped coho for the season that begins July 1. A wild coho season in September has a quota of 16,000 salmon.
June 14, 2013 - Newport News-Times
- New wolf hunt limits to be set
The state Department of Natural Resources' board is poised to adopt kill limits for Wisconsin's second wolf hunt later this month. The board is scheduled to take up the limits at a meeting in Wausau on June 26. The board will take public testimony during the meeting. The state's wolf advisory committee has recommended a statewide quota of 275 animals. That's up from 201 for the first season last ...
June 14, 2013 - WISC-TV Madison
- P.G. Revenue Authority official denies quota for parking tickets
The director of the agency that oversees parking enforcement in Prince George’s County says a parking officer indicted Tuesday for issuing false tickets might have been trying to cover up a lack of work — not attempting to meet quotas. “There is no quota system,” Revenue Authority Director Peter Shapiro ...
June 12, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Barack Obama in Chronicle of Higher Education (subscription)
So,Mr. Obama said, "I still believe in affirmative action as a means of overcoming both historic and potentially current discrimination, but I think that it can't be a quota system and it can't be something that is simply applied without looking...
- Anbumani Ramadoss in Thaindian.com (blog)
Ramadoss, speaking at the first National Health Writers and Communicators Convention here, said: "Since the Mandal Commission allowed quota in employment in 1990, only 5.3 percent seats have been filled of the 27 percent." "This is what will...
- Mariann Fischer Boel in ForexTV.com
EU agriculture commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel, said: "I believe that the changes agreed today will encourage many more companies to give up quota. I urge them to take this chance. As the price falls, life will get tougher. And after 2010, there...