- n a religious mystic who follows quietism
- Sistani is the neo-cons' favorite quietist Shi'a cleric, the man who was supposed to keep Iraq's Shi'a in line while we went about nation building.
- In that quietist tradition, the current Dalai Lama stands firm.
- Though part of a quietist tradition, Nhat Hanh couldn't help being drawn into the conflicts around him.
- Rick Nielsen in San Jose Mercury News
I'm not trying to pick on anyone,commented Rick Nielsen, Trick's guitarist. "But this is the quietist crowd we've had in the last three months."
- Barbara Metcalf in American Chronicle
Barbara Metcalf, a University of California scholar of South Asian Islam, called Tablighi Jamaat "an apolitical, quietist movement of internal grassroots missionary renewal" and compares its activities to the efforts to reshape individual lives...
- Tim Winter in U.S. News & World Report
Historically, Shiism has been the quietist form of Islam,Winter says, mainly because they believe they will receive justice with the reappearance of the Imam.