- r in a curious and questioning manner
they turned their heads questioningly, as if awaiting further instructions
- r in a quizzical and questioning manner
- The uncaring mind begins to wander questioningly toward many a dubious plot point.
- The raid on the Yearning for Zion Ranch in Eldorado, Texas, produced haunting images: 416 children, the girls in calico dresses, removed from log cabin homes, looking questioningly .
- In the center of the room towered a high-domed, uncomfortable-looking gentleman, who questioningly pointed out first one of his pictures and then another to a small cluster of .