- r in a queasy manner
`Do I have to remove the liver,' the medical student asked queasily
- The mass adoration that greets this Santa's appearance before his helpers may, indeed, queasily remind you of modern dictators rallying the faithful.
- He's a stormy character, all right, but an unfocused one, and this well-cast adaptation of a memoir by a British TV executive is disjointed, only queasily humorous and too casual .
- And now, dabbing queasily at the breakfast bacon, Adam's wife congeals his spirit with the announcement that they may have lost another round of Vatican Roulette.
News & Articles
- Life Is Very Long When You’re Lonely: Ben Marcus and His Sad Sack ‘Nice Guys’
Ben Marcus. (Photo by Heike Steinweg) In an interview with Salon two years ago, when his novel The Flame Alphabet was published, Ben Marcus offered a convincing argument for the absolution of some of his responsibility for his effect on readers—and perhaps, by extension, that of all writers who deal in emotional landscapes as bleak as his own. “Sometimes something horrifying … is queasily funny ...
Jan. 15, 2014 - The New York Observer
- Stephen King in Independent
The bestselling author Stephen King, a fan, spoke for many when he observed: "There's a queasily gleeful subtext to 24 that suggests, 'if things are this bad, why, I guess we can torture anybody we want! In fact, we have an obligation to torture to...