- n a starlike object that may send out radio waves and other forms of energy; many have large red shifts
- Although some 200 quasars (quasi-stellar sources) have been discovered since the first one was identified in 1960, scientists have been unable to agree on the nature, or even .
- The announcement said that Astronomer Maarten Schmidt of Caltech had discovered a quasar (quasi-stellar radio source) racing away from earth at 80% of the speed of light.
- Are quasi-stellar sources, or quasars, the most distant objects ever seen by man, occupying the outer limits of the universe itself? Or are the quasars relatively close by .
News & Articles
- Chicago bar’s Ike Turner Shot served with a slap to the face
Every good bartender knows how to turn the other cheek. It is a lesson that would have well served rock ’n’ roll quasar Ike Turner (1931-2007). Turner is as much known for his spats with ex-wife Tina Turner as he was for his seminal blues. In her 1986 biography “I Tina,” she wrote of Ike’s spousal abuse. In his own 1999 biography “Taking Back My Name” Turner wrote, “Sure I’ve slapped Tina ...
June 11, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Karl Gebhardt in AFP
There is a long-standing problem in that quasar black hole masses were very large -- 10 billion solar masses,Gebhardt said.
- Alexi Lalas in Los Angeles Times
A Quasar is the heart of a galaxy and generates incredible light and energy,added Lalas.
- Sergei Kopeikin in PhysOrg.com
If the existence of the gravitomagnetic field is confirmed, then our understanding of general relativity is correct and can be used to explain things such as quasar jets and accretion disks in black holes,said Sergei Kopeikin, associate...