- n (physics) hypothetical truly fundamental particle in mesons and baryons; there are supposed to be six flavors of quarks (and their antiquarks), which come in pairs; each has an electric charge of +2/3 or -1/3
quarks have not been observed directly but theoretical predictions based on their existence have been confirmed experimentally
- n fresh unripened cheese of a smooth texture made from pasteurized milk, a starter, and rennet
- After a 15-year search, the elusive but extremely heavy top quark may have been found.
- To trap the top quark required the sustained effort of 440 physicists from 36 institutions in five countries.
- The longer the "top" quark managed to elude capture, the more obsessed its pursuers became with the importance of hunting it down.
- Robert Holleyman in IT News Online
We are pleased that Corel, Quark and Quest are joining BSA's network at a time of rapid change in the technology industry and the global economy,said Robert Holleyman, President and CEO of BSA. "These three leading software companies will...
- Beck in PhysOrg.com
The data indicate that the strange quark contributions are non-zero over the entire range of our measurements,Beck says, "And there are a couple of points that overlap other measurements. They agree, so that's a good thing."