- n a discrete amount of something that is analogous to the quantities in quantum theory
- n (physics) the smallest discrete quantity of some physical property that a system can possess (according to quantum theory)
- Researchers believe quantum teleportation will someday translate into many breakthrough applications ranging from uncrackable encryption methods to quantum computers that will run .
- There are signs of improvement, if not a quantum leap.
- Though the technology appears to straddle the line between science and science fiction, the era of quantum teleportation has arrived.
News & Articles
- Quantum Dot and Quantum Dot Display (QLED): Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, Nanotechnology, 2013 ...
DUBLIN, June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8rh3vc/quantum_dot_and) has announced the addition of Wintergreen Research, Inc's new report "Quantum Dot and Quantum Dot Display (QLED): Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts,...
June 25, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Quantum Grows Lattus Object Storage Disk Archive Line
When Quantum unveiled Lattus , the company's line of disk-based Big Data archiving systems, in November, it carried a big business price tag. The company announced on Nov. 13 that when its 500 TB Lattus-X storage system went on the following month, it would cost $675,000.
June 22, 2013 - Enterprise Storage Forum
- Quantum Foods Announces Executive Appointments
Quantum Foods, LLC, a leading independent custom provider of value-added proteins, today announced that it has appointed John Morrissey as Executive Vice President, Sales and Marke
June 20, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Jean-Claude Trichet in BusinessWeek
There is a need for a quantum leap in the governance of the euro area,Trichet said in an interview with Spiegel magazine published on the ECB website.
- Francis Collins in USA Today
We are about to see a quantum leap in our understanding of cancer,said NIH Director Dr. Francis S. Collins.
- Craig Mundie in Kansas City Star
Vietnam has demonstrated to the world its capacity for quantum leaps,said Craig Mundie, chief research and strategy officer for Microsoft Corp.