- n a Christian sect founded by George Fox about 1660; commonly called Quakers
- n a member of the Religious Society of Friends founded by George Fox (the Friends have never called themselves Quakers)
- n one who quakes and trembles with (or as with) fear
News & Articles
- Boys Lacrosse Wins County Championship
County title is a first for Quakers and their program With fans wildly cheering from the sidelines, the Friends Academy Boys Varsity Lacrosse team kept rival Cold Spring Harbor at bay before ultimately beating them 9-4 to capture their first ever Class C Nassau County Championship. Coach Brian Crocco credits the team’s offensive balance with their success in the championship game and throughout ...
June 13, 2013 - Oyster Bay Enterprise-Pilot
- Names & Notes
Former East Chapel Hill all-state player Chandler Zirkle recently concluded his sophomore season with the Guilford College’s men’s lacrosse team. Zirkle, a 6-0 attacker, played in each of the Quakers’ 16 games. He totaled 15 points on 10 goals, including one game-winning goal, and five assists. Zirkle also added 17 ground balls.
June 11, 2013 - The Chapel Hill News
- Patrick Leahy in San Diego Union Tribune
My concern is for peaceful Quakers who are being spied upon, and other law-abiding Americans and babies and nuns who are placed on terrorist watch lists,Leahy said.
- John Adams in RealClearPolitics (blog)
It was enough,said John Adams, "to melt a heart of stone. I saw the tears gush into the eyes of the old, grave, pacifist Quakers of Philadelphia." "In this situation of this Assembly, groping as it were in the dark to find political...
- Morris Iemma in NEWS.com.au
Today sees an important milestone in the commitment to increase recycling to 70 billion litres, or 11 per cent of Sydney's water supply, by 2015,Mr Iemma said. "This project will see waste water from the St Marys, Penrith and Quakers Hill...