- r in a strange but not unpleasant manner
the old lady expressed herself somewhat quaintly
- r in a quaint old-fashioned manner
the room was quaintly furnished
- When you open the phone, you hear the quaintly familiar dial tone, purely for effect.
- Last year the brass at the quaintly named August 1 Rockets allowed Wang to make his grab at overseas stardom, and he signed a two-year, $800,000 contract with the Dallas Mavericks.
- To Panamanians, recovering the Canal Zone, as one local paper quaintly put it, was like liberating a child who had been kidnaped for a long time.
News & Articles
- Beers worth a trip out of the neighborhood
There's probably no town that's more beer-friendly than Philadelphia, home to Monk's Cafe, the now-venerable Belgian beer bar that got the good-beer revolution going, and lots of exciting newcomers like Grace Tavern, Chestnut Grill, and the quaintly named Devil's Den. So the obvious question for Philly beer lovers is: Why bother to travel in search of beer at all? Can't you be a cerevisaphile ...
June 24, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer