qatar : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an Arab country on the peninsula of Qatar; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1971; the economy is dominated by oil
- n a peninsula extending northward from the Arabian mainland into the Persian Gulf
- Amr Moussa in International Herald Tribune
The court asked Qatar and the Arab League at the same time, but our legal position on the matter does not allow what the International Criminal Court is requesting,Arab League head Amr Moussa said Monday during a visit to Syria.
- Bashar Assad in International Herald Tribune
We are waiting now for the Israeli elections to decide the future of this stage,Assad said. "We want the support of all states, basically France, Qatar and Turkey in order to be assured that the next (Israeli) prime minister will follow...
- Akbar Al Baker in Bizjournals.com
The state of Qatar is a country of robust economic growth,said Akbar Al Baker, Qatar Airways CEO, in a statement.