qaddafi : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n Libyan leader who seized power in a military coup d'etat in 1969; deposed the Libyan monarchy and imposed socialism and Islamic orthodoxy on the country (born in 1942)
News & Articles
- In Turnabout, Syria Rebels Get Libyan Weapons
Weapons formerly in Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi’s stockpile are making their way to antigovernment forces in Syria, financed largely by Qatar, which has strong ties with Libyan rebel groups.
June 21, 2013 - New York Times
- Ronald Reagan in The Australian
Funny - I was talking peace but wearing a bullet-proof vest. It seems Qaddafi put a contract on me & some person named Jack was going to try for me at the speech,Reagan wrote.
- Ileana Ros-Lehtinen in FOXNews
The anti-gay bigotry spewed by this Qaddafi shill demonstrates once again that the UN has been hijacked by advocates of hate and intolerance,Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, the ranking Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said.
- Nicholas Negroponte in New York Times
When I met with Qaddafi, it had all the mystique and trimmings expected: middle of the desert, in a tent, 50 degrees C. etc.,Mr. Negroponte, who was traveling to Asia on Tuesday, wrote in an e-mail message. "It took him very little time to...