- n in a state of progressive putrefaction
- n the quality of rotting and becoming putrid
- Those rains weren't cleansing enough: in the still of a tropical afternoon, the sweet stink of putrescence hangs in the air like the .
- Deep in their smoking hearts what they yearn to shout is that the former boss and the gossip columnist are the putrescence of the earth, that they have the grace of herring, the .
- Travolta scored his first movie job in a little horror called The Devil's Rain, in which he melts into a puddle of liquid putrescence while shouting, "Blasphemer!.